Anyone Use Star Wars Tracker?

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone Use Star Wars Tracker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone Use Star Wars Tracker?

Post by jared007 Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Thanks Iain/Christian for the kind words earlier.

The label making functionality was released in December as part of Star Wars Tracker and is a very cool way to take your display to the next level. I worked with Iain to ensure the label sizes are such that they will fit GW Acrylic cases and stands perfectly. You print these at home yourself onto the sticker paper of your choice. I've already started doing this for my collection now. There is detailed information here for those who want to read more:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here are some of the results:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And also for MOC cases:

Really, it's up to you how you want to make use of them!

jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 am

Jared! Prompt tech support to combat my ignorance and cool labels?!

For reference, they seem to fit perfectly well in my AFA Ungraded cases. (style A, which is the most shallow they offer.)

Looking forward to the Phone version.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 5170
Focus : Complete loose Kenner figures & a few MOC's.

https://www.instagram.com/thechrisporteous/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:19 am

The labels look fantastic. What is the bar coding for? Is there an option for round labels, to fit the round stands?
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Yavin Honor : 26790
Focus : Canadian Items & cardbacks, loose variants

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 am

When the phone app comes out your are supposed to be able to look up the item registered in SW tracker. Not sure how much sale history will be visible though.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:06 am

Commander Clint wrote:The labels look fantastic.  What is the bar coding for?  Is there an option for round labels, to fit the round stands?

Thanks, if I can say, I think the labels have turned out really well too! The barcode can be scanned by the "soon-to-be-released" iPhone app and it will pull up the corresponding portfolio record you have stored in Star Wars Tracker.

So main use case being, that you can remind yourself of any details you recorded against the item while you hold it in your hand. The other thing it will be able to do is an automatic market value price search right there on the spot! All from scanning a barcode Smile

As for round label stands, I haven't attempted a label for them. I'm not sure there is enough "real estate" to make any printing legible. Instead, I opted to target the very slick rectangle stands that Iain Sanderson sells:

Cheers, Jared.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:08 am

the89thchris wrote:When the phone app comes out your are supposed to be able to look up the item registered in SW tracker. Not sure how much sale history will be visible though.

Fantastic results on the labels Chris! See above reply about how to use the barcode. They actually have a purpose and not just there to fill up space Smile
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:31 am

Cool labels Jared, I will have to check them out cheers
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:57 pm

jared007 wrote:So main use case being, that you can remind yourself of any details you recorded against the item while you hold it in your hand. The other thing it will be able to do is an automatic market value price search right there on the spot! All from scanning a barcode Smile

As for round label stands, I haven't attempted a label for them. I'm not sure there is enough "real estate" to make any printing legible. Instead, I opted to target the very slick rectangle stands that Iain Sanderson sells:

That sounds very cool. clapping

I could see it working on the 2" round stands, but like you said, there probably is not enough room on the 1 1/2" & 1" round stands.
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:42 pm

Commander Clint wrote:I could see it working on the 2" round stands, but like you said, there probably is not enough room on the 1 1/2" & 1" round stands.

I'll have a chat to Iain about it. I've got a bit going on at the moment, but I can probably circle back to it at some stage soon.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Clint Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:38 pm

jared007 wrote:I'll have a chat to Iain about it. I've got a bit going on at the moment, but I can probably circle back to it at some stage soon.

I was only asking because I bought all 1 1/2" & 1" stands from Iain a few months ago & was about to order some more because I really liked them. Keep us updated with any progress. Very Happy
Commander Clint
Commander Clint
Jedi Shogun Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by ChristianC Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:04 am

They look fantastic!!!!!
ChristianC
ChristianC
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 6848
Focus : Luke Skywalker (all outfits) - MOC, loose variants and bootlegs

http://vintagestarwarscollectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 am

I now find myself with a Boba Fett Moc that has no confirmed sales on tracker lol it's a Palitoy 65. I presume that means no confirmed eBay sales since tracker has been online.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 am

Hi Chris,

the89thchris wrote:I now find myself with a Boba Fett Moc that has no confirmed sales on tracker lol it's a Palitoy 65. I presume that means no confirmed eBay sales since tracker has been online.

Does look like there's been nothing in the last 6 months or so. However, if you widen the search back to include 2014 some do come up. Not sure why that is - perhaps people are hesitant with those cardbacks due to ToyToni scandal? People just hanging onto them in their collections at the moment?

Quick tip: you can get a more focused search if you also specify the licensee (Palitoy) and cardback variations your are interested in.

jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by chris.75 Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:11 am

This is looking great Jared! Really well put together. I love those loose figure display stands with upright label.
chris.75
chris.75
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10001
Focus : Darth Vader, as well as Kenner, PBP, Poch, LL, GL and other lines, basically everything vintage sw I can get my hands on!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi Jared,
   Are all sales of Star Wars vintage figures on eBay included on the tracker scratch
I'm trying to find some of my recent purchases What a Face
I have not printed any labels off yet mate, but they do look great cheers
Cheers Andy afro
Nico
Nico
Tatooine Taisho

Yavin Honor : 10144
Focus : Loose variants (Lando)

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm

Oh Jeebis, I was thinking that the other day. (The toy tony scandal and the possibility that my new fet moc was too good to be true.

I've heard that there are iron marks on the toy tony cards and that there is a bit of a curve caused by the press used to seal authentic cards. Given those two factors mine seems to be ok, there is also a bit of an imperfect warp on the card, and it's punched with some skuzz on the movie logo. I've never heard of Toy tony cards being deliberately warped or dirty.

All that made me feel it's pretty safe but I should probably have someone more qualified look at it.
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Nico wrote:Are all sales of Star Wars vintage figures on eBay included on the tracker

It's not total coverage, but a good deal of it. Let me know the link to the ones you are referencing and I'll see what the story is. Private message or post here as you see fit.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by the89thchris Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:48 am

Thanks for the search tip Jared. I may have misinterpreted your mention of the Toy Toni scam and re-researched it. It seems only 45 back Fetts have been confirmed and most seem to have this "double stemmed" bubble. I assume you meant that people might be scared of buying it simply because its a Palitoy ROTJ Fett in general.

Either way I've got some detailed photos up now and if anything isn't right I'm sure I'll hear about it. Looking forward to adding it and a trilogo anakin to tracker. I didn't even know about those email updates with the value, loved that Smile
the89thchris
the89thchris
Tatooine Taisho

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:13 am

the89thchris wrote:I assume you meant that people might be scared of buying it simply because its a Palitoy ROTJ Fett in general

Yes, that's more what I was driving at. People won't want to pay a lot for items they aren't sure about, and people won't want to downgrade the price if they have already paid heaps for it -- so the market deadlocks and nothing takes place.

It could also be that these are exchanging hands after "best offer accepted" which is never recorded in the Tracker. And for the most part, it's auction prices that are harvested in preference to "buy-it-now" listings. So if these are been sold for asking price then they may be missed. That said, Palitoy 65 back Fetts just don't come up often at auction which is something in itself whichever way you look at it.

the89thchris wrote:I didn't even know about those email updates with the value, loved that Smile

Cool, glad you are getting them. This weeks update will be a little delayed as I want to get last weeks recent Vectis auction results in there first.

Cheers, Jared.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:52 am

jared007 wrote:
the89thchris wrote:I assume you meant that people might be scared of buying it simply because its a Palitoy ROTJ Fett in general

Yes, that's more what I was driving at. People won't want to pay a lot for items they aren't sure about, and people won't want to downgrade the price if they have already paid heaps for it -- so the market deadlocks and nothing takes place.

It could also be that these are exchanging hands after "best offer accepted" which is never recorded in the Tracker. And for the most part, it's auction prices that are harvested in preference to "buy-it-now" listings. So if these are been sold for asking price then they may be missed. That said, Palitoy 65 back Fetts just don't come up often at auction which is something in itself whichever way you look at it.

the89thchris wrote:I didn't even know about those email updates with the value, loved that Smile

Cool, glad you are getting them. This weeks update will be a little delayed as I want to get last weeks recent Vectis auction results in there first.

Cheers, Jared.

Jared, I signed up and started to enter my MOC collection... but can't find a place for the Tri-Logo option? Maybe I'm missing the drop down? THX!
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Yavin Honor : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:14 am

TishomingoSith wrote:Jared, I signed up and started to enter my MOC collection... but can't find a place for the Tri-Logo option? Maybe I'm missing the drop down? THX!

Hi, they are in there -- you just need to pull them up as Palitoy 70 backs

Cheers, Jared.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:19 am

jared007 wrote:
TishomingoSith wrote:Jared, I signed up and started to enter my MOC collection... but can't find a place for the Tri-Logo option? Maybe I'm missing the drop down? THX!

Hi, they are in there -- you just need to pull them up as Palitoy 70 backs

Cheers, Jared.

Thanks for the help! One last question... you have the Droids line in the list of figures, anything about the Ewoks line? Thanks again...
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:52 am

Hi,

No plans in the short term to on-board the Ewoks line. It's on the list, but plenty of other stuff I'd like to do before that became the priority.

Cheers, Jared.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by TishomingoSith Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:22 am

jared007 wrote:Hi,

No plans in the short term to on-board the Ewoks line. It's on the list, but plenty of other stuff I'd like to do before that became the priority.

Cheers, Jared.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE add them! Smile Not sure how difficult it is, but I do know they are selling on eBay and that there are many photos of the front/back of these figures. I have all but two (2) in that line, would love to have them documented with the software.

Another question (sorry), I started generating labels... love how they look... but what sticker paper do you recommend for the size of the label? Thanks again Jared!
TishomingoSith
TishomingoSith
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Post by jared007 Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:12 am

Haha, maybe Ewoks just went up a notch or two on the list Smile

For the paper, I tried a few different products but these worked out really well for me:

I organize a bunch of labels in one go to arrange as many as I could on a single sheet of A4 (this is very economical, you can get MANY stickers on a single sheet). I then cut them off the A4 sheet exactly with scissors as needed. If you haven't had a read through this page yet, I recommend it:

Keep the questions coming, I love hearing how people are using Star Wars Tracker. And most important --- share you pictures back here when you are finished, I'd love to see how they turn out!

Cheers, Jared.
jared007
jared007
Corellia Chugen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top